Every Saturday morning, Benny's family goes to the nearby wet market for marketing. Unless I am really sleepy (hehe... Sat is the only day I can wake up later...), I usually try my best to go with them where we can have breakfast together and buy the food for the week.
The Singaporeans like to add an egg in their porridge...
(I guess HK people are more conscious of bird flu...)
One Saturday when we drove to another side of the marketplace, I saw something very interesting.... Guess what are they?
Yes, they are bird cages... People bring their beloved bird and hang it up with the other birds. They sit below and enjoy the 'group singing' by all the birds. This is called 'Bird Talk'. Funny! I really haven't seen this before... According to the locals, this is a kind of hobby which costs them nothing. haha... but to me, seeing the birds being hung 'high' in the sky with cages makes me feel a bit wierd... shouldn't they be flying higher in the sky....
Photos taken on 14 July 2007
2 comments:
Wow .. the food sure looks yummie.
Where is that place with so many bird cages?! I don't even know about it!
It is the AMK market Ave#4! :) Cute, right?
Post a Comment