Yesterday, after watching the movie 'I am Legend', we heard that Benazir Bhutto was killed at the moment we stepped into home. Though I am never interested in politics and I can never remember the name of the politicians, I was stunned at the breaking news and found it hard to believe as it seemed to be another movie to me. Honestly, I have not kept a good track of the background of this powerful lady. Say to say, I read about her story just after her death on today's newspaper. I can't share any political implications of this incident but it does give me the impact and remind me to count my blessings.
Recently, I undergo a deep reflection on my own self and my own life (may be too deep for me to take sometimes...). However, when I look at the people in Pakistan, I am not too sure whether they can have the peace to think of their own life. While I am struggling about what and how to use my gifted talents in my life, people out there are worrying about life and death. It is really a blessing to be born in a stable environment where we can concentrate our energy on developing ourselves, instead of facing all the bombs every day.
Bhutto in her autobiography Daughter of the East, said, 'I didn't choose this life, it chose me.'
Are we choosing life or is life choosing us?
It's always difficult to have a definite answer. But still, I believe that God has plans for us. In the movie 'I am Legend', Will Smith challenged the mexican lady about how she knew about the existence of a place. The lady replied, 'God tells me! You just need to listen and you can hear what God tells us to do....'
P.S. By the way, 'I am Legend' is a good show! I couldn't stop my tears rowing out while watching...
28 Dec 2008
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The story about Benazir Bhutto is sad. Pakistan would have been a much better place. Sigh. Such a regression in life.
Post a Comment