Tuesday, October 23, 2007

25. From high-heels to 'Scholl'


Today I made one more step in becoming more Singaporean-like! I bought my first pair of Scholl sandals, with the signature of 'Style with Comfort'!
To me, it is a hard struggle to buy something for my feet, which seems to have an effect of adding another 10 years to my age... (haha...) However, in Singapore (... not sure whether this is also true with those work in CBD, Central Business District...), nearly most of my colleagues have a pair of comfortable sandals for change when they reach the office. Of course, when they meet the clients, they will change back to the office shoes. Given those scandals in no ways match with the business attire, I couldn't really accept to wear them at work.

To be frank, it is difficult to imagine 'style' and 'comfort' can go hand-in-hand together... It's always a headache for me to find a comfortable shoes with style~~ After all the efforts of searching, I finally surrendered to face the reality that there is no such pair of shoes on earth and decided to buy a pair of 'truly comfortable' (= without style) shoes, until my feet cried in pain today.
Attributed to the past years' intensive wearing of high heels shoes, my feet have actually changed shape gradually without much notice. Until there was a time when I saw a doctor, he told me that I had to take note of my feet as the shape was no longer normal! When I came to Singapore, Benny strong advised me to be cautious in choosing my shoes. He is so concerned about my situation especially because his aunt also has the same problem. As she is more senior and her case is much more serious, he witnessed a lot of pain and suffering because of her feet. The problem I have is called Bunion.

A bunion is an enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the base of the big toe. The big toe may turn in toward the second toe (displacement), and the tissues surrounding the joint may be swollen and tender. It is a sometimes painful structural deformity of the bones and the joint between the foot and big toe.

For the sake of health, I finally chosen a pair of very comfortable sandals~! After all, it doesn't look that old-fashioned as I always intrepret.

I am sharing this story, especially to my lady friends, as we sometimes ignore how much our feet have suffered for the beauty reason or work purpose. However, we have only one set of body which we need to preserve and maintain to be in good condition for our whole life. Nowadays we are always talking about the aging phenomenon. We still have a long journey to go and we'd better keep ourselves healthy and fit! Dear ladies, if you have the same problem as mine, do think twice before you buy the super high-heels! If they are really indispensable, try not to wear them for the whole week. Give them some rest.

Have a healthy life! =)

22 Oct 2007

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hush Puppy is a good brand for comfort and style. I think.

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

ya... can also try. :)

Anonymous said...

Last year, I bought a pair of boots of Hush Puppy. Comments are COMFORTABLE, NO PAINFUL.

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

OHHHHH~~~!! Reling~~! I haven't expected that you are reading my blogs... Thanks and nice to hear from you... Missing you badly... =)

Anonymous said...

Agree with you that our feet need more TLC than we normally give... I recently bought a pretty pair of high heels which gave me pain after a few months wearing them. Now switching back to lower heels.

Do let me know when you want to do shoe-shopping again!

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

yeah! let's go shopping together! ... after I come back to Singapore la! =D