Today is Monday. Unlike the past Mondays that I had with my zombie-like body and mind, I am energised and I am filled with hope and anticipation...
It had been a few weeks that I felt odd inside. I couldn't explain the frustration... may be to put it simple, I didn't have the DRIVE~! I felt myself drifted day by day. I knew there was something gone wrong but I just couldn't figure out. I felt tired and unproductive. I couldn't acheive much in my work. I had a hard struggle internally inside my mind, my stomach and my heart... I needed to SORT THESE OUT!
Last Friday, I had a deep reflection on myself. I reviewed my new life after the move to Singapore. So far, I have been treated well. I should say, VERY well instead. Though I have the millions of reasons to explain my 'paralysis' because of adaptation to a new environment and to a new job, I slapped myself to FACE the facts and myself!
I finally found that the first problem was being too complacent. I was pleased with my current career and I thought I had enough. The second problem was lack of confidence. I doubted whether I had the talent to excel in my career. To admit, I was lost at heart and in mind. Completely lost.
Upon reflection, I realize that I cannot just stop where I am. Not to mean being aggressive, but I need to work out my best and I need to have a plan for my life. Life without goals is empty and makes me feel weak. I need to work things out and press forward. Life shouldn't be stagnant. Water which is not flowing is just a pool of dead water inviting the breeding of bacteria. I don't want my life to reach a dead end. No. Instead, I want my life continue to be lively and full of enthusiasm. I need to draw my plans on my life, my relationships, my spritual growth, my health, and my career. With clear objectives, I can set the directions for myself to run and to run faster.
Yesterday, I started my reading. It is a book written by a pastor on how to be a better self. (Title and author to be provided) I am glad that the message from the book goes closely in line with my own reflection. Thanks God. I know this is the message and encouragement from God for setting me back to the right path. The first chapter is on 'Pressing Forward'. The author mentioned that the best does not lie in our yesterday or present, but in the future. Therefore, we need to keep stretching ourselves to acheive better in our life. This is truly encouraging.
Yesterday, I went to bed at 12am and I woke up with determination and anticipation at 5.45am. I didn't need the snoozing of my alarm clock and I did my washing fast as I promised myself not to waste further time on meaningless things. I did simple body stretching as the first step to keep my body fit. I had my short bible reading so that I start my day with God's words. I read the newspaper and had my breakfast without crushing everything in my mouth at a rush.
I feel fresh and good today! When I reached the office, I was surprised to realise that this is actually Monday. Yes, Monday does not have to be groomy by definition if we set our life in a correct direction and pace. I am grateful that God has lifted me up again and I hope to lead a rich life, not with millions of dollars, but with wisdom in mind, love at heart, and encouraging words from my mouth, to glorify God's love and power.
This is the start of another page of my life. Let's add oil together!
19 November 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow ... reading your post I feel energized already.
Looks like you have already found the answer (why doubt your talent?!).
My humble and yet I-know-I-am-right answer to you is ... get 6-8 hours of sleep every day. Nothing more, nothing less.
hehe... happy to hear that my message can also energize people around.
aiyo... what I am doing is quite new to me... I sometimes really struggle of how to start...
yes, I plan to get my 6-hour sleep per day now. err.. 8-hour is really quite unrealistic when I need to get out of my house for work latest by 7am.
I raise my hat for you waking up early at 5.45 ! For me, although I like my work, I like my sleep too..
What would be useful for me is an invention where an alarm clock can ring and then run and hide.. so I can't snooze.
haha... emmm... 'an alarm clock can ring and run'... according to the present stage of our technology, the only possibility is.... your husband! lol... ;D
HAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Very good point !
Post a Comment