Tuesday, November 20, 2007

28. Comfortable Tuesday

After an engerising Monday, it follows a comfortable Tuesday... I feel GREAT!

This morning, I woke up at 6am and continued to do my stretching exercises. With a bit of sweat, the tension between the muscles inside my body seemed to be relieved. The heavy load on my shoulders seemed to be lightened. "Ahhh... the importance of exercises can never be denied..." The feeling was so refreshing!

As there is no formal meeting today, I decided to dress like myself with a simple knit blouse and an A-skirt. Hoping that it still looks semi-formal. Surprisingly, when I walked out of my home, I felt so light without any burden! "Aha... may be that's because today I dress like myself. That's me."

Indeed, since I moved to Singapore, I still haven't yet been satisfied with my clothing. With the change of working location, change of culture, change of position, I always wish to dress appropriately. To play safe, I choose to wear shirts with collar so that I can give a more professional image. However, as some of my friends may know, I NEVER wear shirts with collar, except the few that I had for my interview as a fresh graduate. I can't explain but it just doesn't fit my body shape, I guess. Given that I don't have a slim body, the cutting of the shirt always does not go well with me. I gave up when I was in HK. But now, I wish to make a try.

After working here for 5 months, my wardrobe has already been filled with over 10 shirts of different colors. Let me tell you. The quantity DOES matter coz it does make a difference in your schedule of ironing~! (hahaha...) Anyway, though I have experimented with different styles of shirts, I can honestly admit that... I still don't feel too good about myself... That's bad, I know. Though fashion is not everything, it does affect the level of self confidence when you present yourself in front of people. I first thought that the shirts can project a more mature and business imagine. However, I find that every grade of working people also wear shirts. Then, what is the differentiating factor? And why I need to force myself to wear that if it does not give me the right feeling?

Now, I think I should think seriously about my wardrobe... Honestly, how people perceive you really depends on how you carry yourself. Fashion, accessories, hairstyle should match well with the person. I hope I will finally find the right kind of clothes for work. Any fashion advice for me? (hehe...) :)


20 Nov 2007

No comments: