Sunday, July 15, 2007

10. God's Rainbow

I always love rainbow but I hardly managed to see once in Hong Kong...

Friday now is a happy Friday as I can leave half an hour earlier, i.e. 5:15pm instead of 5:45pm (... errr... but don't ask me why as I don't quite know... hehe... guess that it should be because of the change from 5.5 to 5 working days). =D On my second day of work, it's Friday... unfortunately, I... FORGOT~!!!! When I got down hoping to catch the coach, no one was there.... aiya... then I realized that it was Friday. Therefore, I needed to take the bus, MRT, and then bus home... wuuuuu wuuuuu... BUT... who knows?! On my way home on bus, when I looked out of the window... oh wow~~!!!! I SAW RAINBOW~~~~~~~!!!!!! So amazing and thanks God... "hmmm.... there IS a reason for me to miss the bus geh.. hehe..." I thought.

The rainbow was a big one and lasted for very long... from my first trip of bus to my trip on MRT, I could still see it... You can then imagine how far had the rainbow crossed!




On my second Friday, I kept reminding myself that I had to leave early. Yeah! Caught the coach this time... could arrive home before 6:30pm then!! So happy! :) What double my happiness was that... I got the window seat on that day... rare in my case... and I decided to take some photos on my way instead of sleep... What triple my happiness was.... I SAW MY SECOND RAINBOW again~~~~!!!! oh wow~~! Thanks God again. So grateful! :)





I always love rainbow as rainbow carries a very good message for encouragement. Without the heavy rain, the rainbow can never be seen... Just like our life... sometimes the road seems to be too tough for us. However, if we press on and work hard, the sun will come and we can see our rainbow then!

One interesting observation is that at both times when I was amazed at how beautiful was the rainbow and how fortunate I was to see a rainbow after a day of work, people besides me on the bus, on the MRT or on the coach were just sleeping or reading their books or newspapers...... seems that I was from another planet where rainbow is nothing in Singapore... hahaha.... anyway, I still enjoy every rainbow, every sunrise, every sunset... whenever I see these beautiful God's work, I feel very blessed and they remind me God is with us and hope is always there...


After the two rainbows, I saw a poster titled 'God's rainbow'... I wish to share with you all... and let you know that I am still praying for you all.... May God bless you all...


God's Rainbow

Rainbows appear after mighty storms
when things look their very worst.
Just when the skies are darkest grey,
look for the rainbow first.

The rainbow is a sign of God's promise,
that He will guide us through any storm.
That He will see us through all our
troubles, no matter what their form.

When you feel battered by life's storms,
and you are filled with doubt and dismay;
just remember God's rainbow is coming -
It's only a prayer away.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom get to see rainbows. Set aside taking pictures from them. And when I do, usually I am driving. Those pictures are very nice. No wonder you bring a camera with you each and every day. For days like those.

Anonymous said...

So touching. Thanks for your sharing. I long to see rainbow too. To me, it also means something important. So envy of you as you could see rainbow for two times. Hope my rainbow can come soon. I really need encouragement and support.

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

haha bro! I first thought that rainbow is something too common for Singaporean... Seems that I am quite lucky then... Haha, FINALLY you can appreciate why your sis insists to bring the camera every day. hehe.. :P

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

Hi Vivian~~! Thanks for sharing on my blog. No worries and be patient. It's just a prayer away... and I am also praying with you... =)

Anonymous said...

the rainbows are lovely, as lovely as you =) good to hear from you! i've almost forgot what is rainbow...sad. hope that your smile is still beautiful in Singapore, just like the rainbows shines in the sky!! miss ya. keep in touch.

Fiona :)

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

Hi dear, how come you have almost forgotten rainbow? Blessed lady too busy with cooking, huh? hehe... :) Miss ya too.... keep me updated ar! ;)

Timmy Yu said...

So nice, I think I haven't seen rainbow for long since primary school days in HK...

Anonymous said...

I guess the last time I saw rainbow was in SGP. I found it beautiful. Still, we have so many things in common.

Lora Wong @ Singapore said...

oh... bf! So happy you finally appear~! =)

rainbow in SGP? what a coincidence! hehe :P