Shopping at Raffles City... (16 Jun 2007)
Lunch at Botanic Garden... (17 Jun 2007)
On one weekend, my mother, my brother and sister-in-law (they have lived here for over 10 years ga la~!), Benny and I went to the East Coast of Singapore to eat seafood... of course including the famous Chilli Crab la~~~!!! This was my treat as we celebrated my first salary in Singapore! Sooooo happy~! Time really flies... and the salary pay date is the best monthly indicator. One interesting thing is that at NTU, they paid the staff in the middle of the month, that is paying us half a month in advance! hehe... :)
Dinner at Jumbo... (23 Jun 2007)
Famous 'Chilli Crab' in Singapore... (23 Jun 2007)
See the advertisement about Chilli Crab at the bus stop
in Orchid Road by Singapore Tourism Board...
(Photo taken on 8 July 2007)
10 comments:
Oh dear ... my face was so red!
Ya, those were the good times. Well, mark my words, my salary is coming ... on Aug 20 ... ha ha ha.
hahaha~! Ok, mark my daily already! hehehe...(evil laugh)... >v<
When I read your blog about the visit of your mum, do you know what come up to my mind?
I suddenly miss Tak Tak a lot. Also, your dad's face (when he was in the airport to see you off) comes up. Really hope that you can achieve your wish to move the whole family to SGP soon.
Thanks bf for reminding me about achieving my wish... True, I miss my father and mother and Tak Tak too...
Honestly, during my initial stay in Singapore, I sometimes feel the frustration and stress... Even though I can speak in English, I can understand Mandarin, I have my boyfriend taking good care of me, I have my brother and sister-in-law supporting me, I have my church sessions, I have nice colleagues, I have old friends and new friend... There are still a lot of new things to learn and face by myself... which I admit that I also feel weak at times...
On the one hand, moving them is a challenge for me. On the other hand, it is also a challenge for my mum and dad to move and leave the place where they are familiar and they have friends and relatives...
I hope this is not too hard for them and I also hope that I can be strong and hold on to my promise. May God guide us through...
Hi Lora,
Moving country or city is not an easy thing to do. I moved at least 3 times and it was never easy each time.
Just take it easy and don't rush things. We need time to settle down, but trust me things get better & easier...
thanks cyn... I hope I can make it through...
Hey. Let's put aside those missing feeling for a bit and let's celebrate with chilli crab meals perhaps this weekend! Just got my half month paycheck!
This time my treat!
HAHAHA~~~ G-R-E-A-T! Congratulations again~~~!!! Thanks in advance. ;)
By the way, if we go for chilli crab, I would like to try the black pepper crab this time... so far I haven't tried it yet... :P
Deal ... chilli crab + black pepper crab then!
Post a Comment